The Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer several scholarships to graduating Hamden high school seniors.
Scholarships are awarded in June, based on the individual scholarship’s criteria.
Students that are interested should apply directly through the high school guidance department.
HOW TO DONATE
To donate to any of these funds, please make checks payable to Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce – Mail: 3074 Whitney Ave, Building 1, Hamden, CT 06518. Please denote in the note section (Scholarship Fund) and who you are designating the funds towards.
The Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce is a 501C6 – Non-Profit organization. We are not a designated 501C3 foundation.
The Craig B. Henrici Scholarship Fund was established in February, 2019 in memory of Craig and his love for Hamden and hockey. Craig graduated from Hamden High in 1971, he was a member of the Hamden High hockey team that won state championship that year. He was Hamden’s Mayor from 2005-2009, served on Hamden’s Legislative Council, Connecticut State Representative from 1997-1999 and was Chairman of the Hamden Chamber’s Board of Directors. The scholarship criteria includes:
- Graduating Hamden High School Student
- GPA Average of 3.3 or higher
- Consideration for those in the National Honor Society
- Demonstrates excellence in service and leadership
- Participant in Hamden Athletics – Boys Ice Hockey / Girls Ice Hockey
- Graduating senior from Hamden High School
- Shows excellence in the creative arts
- Female or male, who will be going on to study in the art field as part of that student’s post-secondary education
The Chamber’s Women in Business Committee Scholarship Fund. The scholarship criteria includes:
- A graduating high school senior, female, from Hamden Public Schools
- Shows excellence in leadership and community involvement
- Continuing their education towards a business degree
Donations are raised through monthly Women in Business Committee meetings as well as raffles at special business after hours events.
The Ed Ryan Scholarship Fund was established in December, 2021 in memory of Ed, owner of Ryan Oil Company. A long standing member of the Chamber, Ed served on the Board of Directors, supported many local organizations was extremely committed to the Hamden community. The scholarship criteria includes;
- A graduating high school senior from Hamden Public Schools or Eli Whitney Technical School.
- Seeking to continue their education in the trades, specifically in Heating & Cooling
- Scholarship will be for those that will be attending Entech Advanced Energy Training in Cromwell.